Monday, June 21, 2004

 

Peripheral Circulation

About two years ago I participated in a nutrition study at the Human Study Facility of the Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center. The study was called something like The Effects of Chronic Black Tea Comsumption on Blood Plasma and Lipoprotien Transport in Male Smokers, but it was commonly called the Smoker's Tea Study. My study was a longer term follow-up to this Tea Study.

Smokers were chosen for this study because they have extensive peripheral circulatory damage. Ultrasounds were needed of our brachial arteries, and a smoker's damaged brachial artery shows up better on an ultrasound than those of healthy people.

One reason I am getting into bicycling is to improve peripheral circulation. I plan to quit smoking also which will aid in circulation improvement as well as mitigating my COPD.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?