Thursday, September 02, 2004

 

My Saturn SL1 Sucks, My Bicycle Is Nicer

My POS Saturn SL1 is at the dealer again. I've had a problem with the key sticking in the ignition. It happened again last night at Target, which is right next to the Cult of Saturn Temple in State College, so I dropped it there, and got a loaner Impala.

The Service Drone called me today to tell me my car was ready. I went to the dealer after work, picked up my car, and drove the 0.25 miles to the bar for Happy Hour. To make a long story short, the key is still sticking, and I am driving the loaner Impala.

What does this have to do with bicycles? Well, I'll tell you. I live maybe 1.5 miles from my job, I'm likely closer to my job than fixedgear is to his. Do I bike or walk to work? Nooo, I drive the POS SL1 to work. The gods of clean, efficient, human-powered transport are punishing me.

Just today, upon hearing how close to work I live, Claudio from XRT said, "You should buy a bike."

I said, "Well, er...ummm...yeah, I have a bike." And a web site, and big pimpin' bike accessories. Just no legs or lungs.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?