Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 

Tribute to UK cyclist Phil Smith

I had the pleasure to work with a great bloake from the UK named Phil Smith. I used to see Phil riding his bike around Goddard when Swift was in thermal vac testing. He would always give me a wave.

Phil returned to the UK recently, but he left his bike, in his words "a Wal-Mart special". I told him he should buy bikes from a bicycle shop. He said back in the UK he had a "handmade" bike, and he just bought this to ride around while he was in the States.

He left his bike here with us, and even offered to let me ride it. The first thing you now see when you enter the Swift Mission Operations Center is Phil's bike. I think we are the only NASA mission with bicycle parking in the lobby.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?